Innovation York’s commercialization stream works with creators to determine the most appropriate way to commercialize their intellectual assets through licensing activities, start-up company creation, or a hybrid commercialization and entrepreneurship model. We work with external commercialization partners in order to provide a comprehensive suite of commercialization services. Our goal is to ensure that your intellectual asset is translated into new products, research tools, methodologies or services that will have the appropriate social and economic impact — regionally, provincially, nationally and globally.
- Technology due diligence and market research expertise, including access to market research data from leading analyst organizations.
- Assistance with developing proof-of-concept and commercialization grant applications.
- Access to facilities and sources of funding to develop proof of concepts or prototypes.
- Strategic intellectual property protection and management leveraged by strong relationships with external commercialization organizations and intellectual property firms.
- Partnership with MaRS Innovation, Toronto’s lead commercialization centre that is dedicated to creating business opportunities from the exceptional research & discovery pipeline of sixteen prominent academic institutions in Ontario.
- Commercialization plan development and implementation.
- Identification of strategic industry partners and/or receptors.
- Negotiation of strategic partnerships, options, licenses, and shareholder agreements.
- Management of the start-up company creation process.