Innovation York’s Knowledge Mobilization (KMb) Unit is a national and international leader in knowledge mobilization. The KMb Unit has a suite of activities that create connections between researchers and community and government organizations in order to support the development of research partnerships and dissemination of research results. Also, we offer a suite of training tools to teach you how to develop and implement knowledge mobilization strategies.
- Building a Knowledge Mobilization Strategy
- Impact and Accountability in Knowledge Mobilization
- Clear Language Writing and Design Principles
- Research Snapshots – Clear Language Research Summaries
- Social Media for Research
- Social Media Strategy Building for Research Teams
- Hands-on Training in WordPress and Twitter
Knowledge Mobilization is increasingly important in research in Canada. Granting councils are seeking a clear and comprehensive KMb plan for many grants. We are trained to provide assistance in the development of a tailored KMb plan. We can provide training and support, and in some cases in-kind service support for your project. We can review and provide feedback on all KMb plans prior to their submission.
Please click here to see a video sharing our top tips for building a KMb plan into your grant application.
The KMb Unit has developed a number of resources to help researchers plan, develop and implement effective activities to help maximize the impact of their research. View the KMb Resources page.
Knowledge Mobilization Annual Reports
To contact the Knowledge Mobilization Unit, please go to About Us