Funded By: IRAP
Applicants: Faculty members and industry partners
Application Deadline: June 14, 2018
Funding Amount: Up to $10,000 in cash per research project (no funding to industry partners).
Project Length: 2 to 4 months to be extended to maximum of 5 months
Use of Funds: To execute research projects in Artificial Intelligence / Deep Learning / Machine Learning in support of industry-academia partnerships. The funds can be used toward student stipend and project materials. Travel, living expenses and seminar costs are ineligible.
- The industry partner must be a Canadian SME with up to 500 employees, capable of exploiting the results of the research.
- The industry partner must be in business for a minimum of one year.
- The research project must be jointly supervised by the faculty member and the industry partner, with the work being performed by Masters, PhD or PostDoc.
- All prior intellectual property belongs to the inventor/owner. As required by IRAP, all intellectual property developed under the project belongs to the industry partner.
Impact: For these programs, we anticipate the impact for the company will be a combination of the following, depending on the individual project:
- Proof of Concept or working prototype
- Recommended Machine Learning models and algorithms
- Assessment of company’s existing dataset and recommended data strategy
The goal is to have projects funded under this program evolve into larger long-term initiatives.
For those requiring assistance finding a partner, please contact Cheryl Giblon, Industry Engagement Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission: Please email your completed application word document to email@example.com.